Are Media is the home of Australian magazines. Our extensive portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most-loved brands, and boasts magazines, websites, videos, social, review sites, podcasts and experiences. This includes Australian Women’s Weekly, New Idea, Marie Claire, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden, Wheels and many more.
About the role
Do you love magazines? Are you passionate about interiors, design, art and fashion?
Here's a fantastic opportunity to kick start your media career at Australia’s biggest publisher of homes titles, Are Media.
The Editorial Coordinator is responsible for providing comprehensive support and assistance to the Homes Titles teams across House & Garden, Belle, Inside Out, Country Style, Home Beautiful and Real Living.
This includes engaging with readers, advertising clients, public relations and marketing companies, office management, providing administrative support to the team and compiling content across the titles.
This role will suit a highly motivated self-starter who prides themselves on being organised, has a high attention to detail, is obsessed with interiors, art, design and homes and excited to start their career in magazines.
- Assist all homes magazine editors reporting to the editor-in-chief of House & Garden and Belle magazines
- Input budget and expense details for each title
- Assist readers and clients with enquiries and feedback via phone, email and post
- Coordinate reader prizes and payments
- Compile content across the Homes titles
- Create content for social media
- Manage incoming mail, couriers, magazine archives, back issues and filing
- Maintain a tidy office
- Assist with managing interns and work experience students.
Skills and experience
- A highly motivated and passionate individual
- Great energy and a positive attitude
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Expert organisational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A proactive attitude
- Excellent time management skills
How to Apply
Please apply to Are Media direct at this link.
Why Are Media
Join a values based organisation built on respecting all, inspiring creativity and collaboration with others. Excellent Employee Benefits Package including; discounted gym & swimming pool rates at Park Street CBD; regular beauty perks; discounts at cafes, restaurants & retail stores; as well as access to Are Media’s Learning & Development Offerings.
Are Media is committed to a diverse, respectful, collaborative & inclusive workplace. We know & value the success this brings for everyone and we welcome & encourage applications from diverse backgrounds