We are currently looking for 2 x Lighting Designers to be based at our Alexandria and Moore Park stores. Both roles will involve working a 38-hour week from Tuesday to Saturday, and key responsibilities of the role include:
- Understanding and applying your interior design knowledge to create unique lighting design solutions for your clients
- Keeping up to date with the latest technology and trends in design
- Providing professional client consultations and managing their lighting design projects
- Reading and interpreting house and electrical plans to create inspirational lighting designs and conducting lighting energy audits
- Building the design business by proactively seeking project opportunities in the retail and trade markets
- Recommending products and placement solutions to enhance your client’s environment
- Pitching in and supporting your team to ensure business goals are met
As this is an important role in our business, we want to reward you accordingly. An attractive salary package is on offer as well as generous benefits and rewards, including profit incentives and bonuses, paid birthday leave after your first year, generous staff discounts and on-site parking.
We will invest in extensive training programs to give you the best opportunity to succeed, including formal and on the job training. And it doesn’t end there, our training programs continue beyond your initial employment and are tailored to your individual needs. We will also invite you to attend seasonal catalogue launches to give you a sneak peek of the latest trends in design before they hit our showrooms.
We love to reward our designers for their fantastic designs, and our annual award for “Lighting Design of the Year” is an opportunity for you to submit your best work. The winner will be Invited to attend our national conference and our annual awards night where they will be acknowledged for their amazing work.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following qualities:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in design/related field
- Previous experience in sourcing new business and generating leads
- Strong communication skills with the ability to genuinely connect with your customers
- An energetic and enthusiastic approach to all aspects of your job
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise your work effectively