At McDonald Jones, we understand that Interior Design is one of the most exciting but overwhelming stages of the home building journey and within the MyChoice Design Studio, our expert stylists assist our clients to design a home that is a true reflection of them.
An exciting opportunity currently exists within our MyChoice Design Studio for an Interior Designer to join the team for twelve months to cover maternity leave. We are looking for candidates with a demonstrated passion for Interior Design who possess the desire to dive in and learn in a fast paced environment.
Working closely with the Interior Design Team Leaders and other members of the MyChoice Design Studio this position will provide our clients with the assistance they require to select the colours and finishes as well as the appliances, products and electrical fittings necessary to make their dream home a reality.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with a keen eye for design and colour, with a desire to learn and develop into a career within Interior Design.
To be successful in the position you must:-
- Have an understanding of Interior Design theories including some practical experience.
- Have a strong passion for customer service with a minimum of 3 years' experience within the service industry;
- Have completed a diploma in design and decoration or equivalent;
- Be a team player with the ability to process, receive and react to design feedback;
- Be a confident individual, well-groomed with excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Have solid administration experience including computer skills;
- Have a professional and mature attitude, with the determination to succeed in your career;
- Have experience in the colour consulting industry and possess a natural flair for putting colours and concepts together and;
- Have experience within the residential building industry with an ability to read and understand floor plans and housing contracts as well as knowledge of the electrical side of building a new home.
In addition, you must be able to listen well, problem solve and provide ideas in line with the customer's requirements whilst being highly organised and able to prioritise and multitask.
If you are a highly motivated, energetic person who is flexible within their working environment, enjoys customer service, colour design and sales who wants to work within supportive team environment then this position may be just what you looking for.
How to Apply
An attractive remuneration package will be offered for the right candidate.
To find out more, please visit our careers page at http://mcdonaldjoneshomes.com.au/careers/we-are-family